Start your career with Grossmont Secondary School!
Are you interested in an engaging and inspirational career as a Grossmont Secondary School teacher?
At Grossmont Secondary School, we are on a mission to transform the lives of students! GSS is a free public school option, serving students in grades 7-12 who seek an alternative learning experience to the traditional school setting. Repeatedly recognized for its quality instructional program, high-caliber teaching, and strong operational performance, GSS seeks to redefine how teachers teach and students learn. Our standards and expectations are high as we prepare our students for the future. Together—teacher, parent, and student—we can guide our students to achieving great academic success and accomplishing the goals each has identified as their own. Join us in our mission of Transforming Lives!
Positions Available Now
GSS uses California’s premiere public education job search website, Ed-Join, to recruit and manage its hiring process. Maintained by the California Teacher Recruitment and Incentive Program, Ed-Join is a portal to thousands of teaching and education job openings and to a broad range of other job placement and training services for job seekers.
To view current open GSS positions, go to edjoin.org and search for “Grossmont Secondary School.”
GSS Employee Benefits:
- Grossmont Secondary’s benefits are 100% employer paid for the employee and all eligible dependents.
- Grossmont Secondary’s employee benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, life insurance, and a variety of voluntary benefits.
Compensation Information For Teachers At GSS:
- Teachers are placed on the GSS salary scale based on education (academic transcripts) and experience (employment history/verification), as evaluated by GSS human resource staff.
- GSS Teacher salary scale exceeds San Diego Unified School District salary scale by 5%.
- Grossmont Secondary’s employment year is from July 1 to June 30. Teacher contracts are for 12 months/228 contract days.
- View our Salary Schedules:
Equal Employment Opportunity
No person working at Audeo Charter School Corporation or applying for work at Audeo Charter School Corporation is to be discriminated against in employment or application for employment or subjected to harassment in the work environment because of potential parental, family, or marital status or the exclusion of any person because of pregnancy or related conditions, age, gender, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, health condition or sexual orientation. Employment or application shall not be affected by physical or mental disability where the employee is able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties required by the job.